Benefits You Can Get From Double Glazed WindowsApril 3, 2018
Planning Permission for Double GlazingMay 13, 2019
Options for designs for your new conservatory roof.
If you have an conservatory that is roofed with ageing Poly-carbonate sheets, then it could be time for a change. But what are your options and how much are conservatory roof prices?
Poly-carbonate sheeting is cheap and keeps the rain out (even though the rain makes a big noise) during the bad weather. However, it struggle to control heat loss or heat build up. This is why many owners are considering a new conservatory roof.
There are quite a few options for a replacement conservatory roof, such as:
- putting in an internal lining (careful about condensation building up on the underside of the polycarb sheets).
- Concrete tiles – various colours and styles.
- Slates – quarried natural slate looks real classy and lasts forever (virtually).
- Synthetic slates – not quite the same as the real thing, but very attractive, long lasting & light.
- Terracotta tiles – get a Mediterranean look for your conservatory.
- Metal tiles – may sound odd, but the new super light systems look really good.
You should have your conservatory surveyed to check if it can take the weight of a replacement roof (concrete tiles get very heavy when wet). However, there are lots of lightweight options, so you should be able to find something to suit your preferences.
Check out conservatory roof options at www.conservatorypro.co.uk